At Sherwood, we are as passionate as our clients about creating diverse, equitable and inclusive working cultures. Some of the most rewarding work we do focuses on supporting clients in multiple sectors in developing an ever more diverse and inclusive workplace in a way that aligns with their own culture and values.
We offer a range of programmes and training sessions that can be customised to meet the needs of clients across many sectors and cultures and with different diversity, equity and inclusion priorities, including:
- Programmes to support parents going on and returning from parental leave.
- Coaching to support programmes aimed at boosting ethnic diversity and social mobility.
- Women’s leadership programmes.
- Workshops on building inclusion, inclusive leadership, and values-driven behaviour. We place an emphasis on offering training that is relevant, practical and thought-provoking, often using a scenario-based discussion to equip participants to anticipate and respond positively to the tricky, real-life situations that they may experience at work.
Examples of our work
- Coaching individuals and groups of participants on a social mobility programme for a Magic Circle law firm in which we focused on developing their confidence, tackling self-limiting beliefs and providing practical support on the process for applying for a training contract.
- Delivering a workshop for the Women in Law Conference 2021 on “From Superwoman to Sustainable Working” to support delegates in maintaining their wellbeing.
- Individual coaching for potential female partners at a City law firm on strategic business planning and developing their leadership skills, often while combining their work with significant personal and management responsibilities.
- Working with both male and female participants on a parental leave programme for a City law firm. Some of the participants are partners seeking to re-establish their business and network on returning to work. Others are also seeking support on making a compelling case for promotion to partner while either on leave or immediately upon their return to work.
- Delivering a practical, scenario-based workshop on “Building Inclusion” for all partners and staff combined with a separate workshop for partners on inclusive leadership.
What our clients say
Participant on a social mobility programme
Participant on a Inclusive Leadership workshop