Mobile: +44(0)7976 204761
Ann has over 20 years’ experience working in professional service firms, initially as a fee earner in the litigation department at Freshfields and more recently as head of learning and development first at SJ Berwin and latterly at Baker McKenzie.
During her time as head of learning and development, Ann designed and delivered numerous development programmes for lawyers of all levels, business service professionals, leaders and managers, including introducing development centres for three different levels of associates, co-designing the first ever Masters in Law with Business with BPP specifically for trainees at SJ Berwin, and rolling out a programme that won the Law Society’s Award for Training Programme of the Year in 2012 that involved teams of fee earners enacting a live dawn raid scenario in real time.
As well as being an experienced trainer and facilitator of small group workshops and team away days, Ann is also a qualified business coach having graduated from the WABC-accredited Meyler Campbell, Business Coach programme in 2013. She is also accredited to use a number of psychometric tools to support her coaching work including Strengths Profile, MBTI (the Myers Briggs Type Indicator personality inventory), TKI (the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument) and HPTI (the Thomas High Potential Trait Indicator).
Ann’s particular passion in her coaching practice is supporting high-performing individuals through successful career transitions.
Recent examples of Ann’s coaching work include:
- A senior HR professional stepping into a leadership role
- Partner track associates building their business case for partnership and navigating the promotion process
- A new partner creating a sustainable and successful practice
- A PSF management committee member preparing for promotion to board level
- A head of department planning ahead for their own succession and preparing for retirement
- A group of partners seeking to address the barriers to implementation of their agreed strategy
- A managing partner exploring employee engagement challenges within their firm
As a member of the Sherwood Bar Group Ann also provides valuable support for barristers and solicitors applying for silk or judicial appointment at both the application and interview stage in the process.
Ann is able to draw upon this broad experience and her background in law firm learning and development to add value to a wide variety of development and talent management initiatives, in various roles whether as consultant, coach, mentor or facilitator depending on the particular needs of the client and the project.