Tel/Fax: 01491 571482
Mobile: 07860 863 800
Simon works with people in law firms, in-house legal departments, barristers’ chambers and other organisations.
He helps individuals and teams work more effectively and imaginatively so that they can achieve their business objectives - and gain satisfaction and enjoyment while doing so. The way Simon works can involve one to one coaching, group coaching and facilitation, consultancy advice and training & development. Often clients require a bespoke mix of these approaches to gain the significant and lasting results they want.
Examples of assignments are: coaching for individuals going through a transition/promotion, facilitation of team away days, developing strategy and marketing initiatives, reviewing management structures, designing and delivering development programmes.
Simon has considerable experience of successfully assisting barristers and solicitors applying for silk and judicial appointments. This is both at the application form stage and later in preparation for interviews and selection days.
He also has an interest in the overlap between the worlds of business and sport and how teams and individuals can raise their performance. He has been a coach/advisor to coaches and players at a professional football club.
In particular, as a trained business coach, Simon brings a high degree of perception and sensitivity to all his work. He listens and works hard to understand the lives, stresses and challenges of the people he assists. In turn he aims to help make those lives more productive and rewarding.
- Sherwood founder and member since 1999
- Tutor (part-time) MBA in Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School (1994 – 2004)
- Ran own legal management and marketing consultancy (1992 – 1999)
- Director of Marketing, Masons, now Pinsent Masons (1990 – 1992)
- Management consultant, Spicers Consulting Group (1989 – 1990)
- In-house solicitor, American Express, London (1986 – 1988)
- In-house solicitor and assistant to commercial director, Houlder Offshore Limited (1982 – 1986)
- Solicitor, Lawrence Graham (1978 – 1982)
- BA Law from Downing College, Cambridge (1974 – 1977)
- MBA, Cranfield School of Management (1988 – 1989)
- Business coaching programme, The School of Coaching, The Work Foundation – (2002/3)
- Sport Psychology module Birkbeck College, London - 2004
- Psychosynthesis psychology module Birkbeck College, London - 2008
- Nancy Kline - Time to Think programme - 2011
- “The Mind Factor” coaching programme – 2012
- DiSC trainer accreditation - 2013