Mobile: 07976 204761
Ann has over 20 years of experience working with lawyers, both as a fee earner and in business services as Head of Learning & Development. She is also a qualified Business Coach having graduated from the WABC accredited Meyler Campbell, Business Coach programme.
Ann’s main area of focus for her coaching practice is around supporting high performing individuals through successful career transitions, for example, from Senior Associate to Partner, moving in-house for the first time, taking on a new leadership role, or applying for Silk. She is passionate about supporting female lawyers navigate their way to successful and fulfilling careers, in order to help address the current gender imbalance at the top of the legal profession.
As a member of the Sherwood Bar Group Ann also provides valuable support for barristers and solicitors applying for silk or judicial appointment, in both cases at application stage as well as preparation for interview and selection days.
From her 12 years as Head of Learning & Development, first at SJ Berwin and then at Baker & McKenzie, Ann is able to draw upon her broad experience to add value to a wide variety of talent management and learning & development initiatives as consultant, coach, mentor or facilitator depending on the client’s needs.
- Joined Sherwood as coach, consultant and facilitator - 2014
- Head of Learning & Development, Baker & McKenzie 2012 – 2014
- Head of Learning & Development, SJ Berwin 2002-12 during which time the team was recognised with a number of Awards from The Lawyer, Legal Week, Financial Times Innovative Lawyers, and the Legal Education & Training Group. Most recently in 2012 the team won the Law Society Gazette Award for the Best Training Initiative.
- During her time at SJ Berwin, Ann also created the first Masters in Law with Business (MA) programme jointly with BPP to enable trainees to complete a Masters qualification including a client project whilst qualifying as a solicitor.
- Professional Support Lawyer, Dechert 2000 - 2002
- Senior Lecturer at the College of Law, Store Street, London 1994-2000
- Articled clerk and qualified solicitor, Freshfields 1990-1994
- Member of Sherwood – executive coach and business consultant 2014 to present
- Use of TKI Conflict Mode Instrument 2013
- Committee Member of the Legal Education & Training Group 2012-14
- Meyler Campbell Business Coach programme 2012-2013
- Qualified Solicitor, 1992
- Law Society Finals, College of Law, Chester, 1990
- LLB (Hons) Nottingham University 1986-89