Legal Education and Training Group - Training Organisation/Trainer of the Year 2009 (New partner programme for Ashurst).
In many ways the practice of this group spans the length and breadth of Sherwood’s business, as nearly every aspect of business improvement in our clients can be supported by learning, development, facilitation or coaching.
Our clients ask us to help them with important issues that affect the medium and long-term success of their organisations, such as:
- Do we need a long-term strategy for supporting learning and development?
- How do we develop one and ensure that it is implemented?
- How do we develop the management or leadership skills of our senior people?
- What operational and management structures do we need and how do we make them work in practice?
- Are there more efficient ways of delivering our services that clients will notice, appreciate and pay for?
- How can we improve the effectiveness of our marketing?
- How can we be more profitable?
- What more can we do to attract and retain good people?
- Is there a better way to develop people than “sending them on a course”?
- How can we make best use of the know-how we have in this organisation?
- How do we find ways of supporting on-the-job learning rather than just sending people on courses
- What do we need to know about IT?
- What do our clients really think of us?
- How should we reward and measure the performance of our partners?
We adopt a ‘change management’ approach to help clients develop and implement practical and lasting changes, through:
- Design and delivery of integrated training & development programmes
- Design and delivery of development and assessment centres
- Executive coaching and mentoring for partners and senior managers
- Facilitation of partnership, departmental or practice group away-days
- Consultancy advice on strategic and operational issues in learning and development
- Consultancy advice on the management processes and systems that help rather than hinder motivation, development and productivity of people
- Advice and design of e-learning based programmes
All members of Sherwood offer ‘L&D’ related consultancy advice, facilitation and most design and deliver specific L&D’ interventions. See also Coaching. All of us have worked in the professional services context and we have all done the jobs (and managed others doing the jobs) that our clients want us to help them do. All of us have benefited from formal education in leadership and management and have taught on what was the first MBA for lawyers.
We believe in bringing together the best of current management thinking and old-fashioned common sense. We understand the culture and ethics of professional practice and partnerships, for example the importance of client confidentiality. We set out to enjoy our work and find that our clients enjoy working with us.
The Sherwood Learning & Development Group - Putting experience, expertise and imagination into action for the long-term benefit of our clients.
The case studies will give you an idea of the range of projects we have undertaken.
The best course I’ve attended. Relevant, useful, informative, fun. The dedication of the facilitator was noteworthy and there was a high level of professionalism, organisation and relevancy.
An awesome experience for my mind, skills and career."
You took me out of my comfort zone and I got the benefit out of that. It’s different now back in the office. We get the best out of each other and listen better.
I thought the course was extremely useful on both technical and motivational grounds. I suspect that it pays for itself many times over as it acts as a real spur to develop new clients and cement existing relationships. The tools on offer on the course are not ordinarily acquired ‘on the job’ of mid level and senior associates and it was clear to me that all of the participants left the course with a greater sense of purpose and confidence as to how win business.
This programme has been great for my self-confidence. Every day in the office is driven by the thought that you could have done it better etc. The programme gave me a safe environment to try things out and see if they work.
Absolutely fabulous programme! I tried one of the models the week after with a Chief Exec and it worked like a dream! I couldn’t believe how well it worked. I’ve already been asked back to do more work."