What worries you about the process?
- Where do I start reviewing the personal qualities or competencies on the application form?
- What do they want to hear?
- How do I choose the best independent assessors to represent me?
- What can I do to prepare for a competency based selection process?
- I haven’t had an interview for years, so I have no idea how I come across to others in an interview scenario
- I’m usually the one asking the questions. What kind of questions will they ask me?
- There can be qualifying tests, an interview, role play and for some even a presentation. Where do I start preparing for all of this?
How can we help?
We understand how you feel and can help you make the most of this opportunity to prove yourself. In one or more confidential sessions you will have the opportunity to:
- Review your approach to the application form
- Address any other issues that concern you about your application
- Understand the competencies or qualities required for the post
- Practice some interview questions
One-to-one coaching sessions are tailored to suit your needs and requirements. You may want a meeting with one coach to help you prepare the application form. This includes the pre-reading of a draft application form, a one and a half hour one-to-one meeting, Skype or telecon and post-meeting feedback (usually by email or phone) of an updated form.
Fixed fees differ depending on the application:
- DDJ, DJ and Tribunal roles – £750 + VAT
- CJ and Recorder – £850 + VAT
- DHCJ, HC and CA – £950 + VAT (also includes Panel applications)
For work outside the range of work outlined above, plus subsequent work or meetings, costs will be based on an hourly rate of £325 + VAT.
If you are then selected for interview, a 2 hour interview preparation session with two of our coaches is immensely useful at £975 + VAT. This includes reviewing your application in advance of the meeting, as well as the mock interview session itself which will also cover help and advice on the role play, where appropriate. Having had this session you may want a “top-up” session a day or two before your interview / selection day with one of the original two coaches at £350/hour + VAT. The “top-up” is only available to those who have had the main session first.
For some of our clients, we are working with them a year in advance of their planned applications, running individually focused coaching sessions to help them understand what is required, understand themselves and their strengths, and goals and objective setting sessions to give them the best shot at their application.
For further details and information about the members of Sherwood PSF Consulting Ltd who are available to help you, contact Kate Blackburn.
Just a note to thank you both for the guidance and help which you gave me this afternoon – and for being so generous with your time. I appreciated it all very much and, with further preparation tomorrow, I hope to put your training to good effect on Thursday.
Thanks for your help. I think the interview went well, but in any case, I felt well prepared and able to give it my best shot.
Thanks again - the session we had last week was truly invaluable.
Thanks very much for Friday; it was great help and comfort - particularly to have a structure to work to in answering the questions.
I found my mock interview with you both very informative and exceptionally useful.
I have heard of a number of people who were seen as certainties who have not succeeded and I am sure that in many cases it will have been because they did not have the kind of guidance you gave me on the application form, interview, choice of referees etc. etc. etc. So thanks again for all your help and support; although we will never know for sure I think it may well have been critical to the outcome.