Leaders of in house legal departments will often benefit from external help and a fresh perspective as they consider the challenges facing their organisations. The in house group is able to offer practical and focussed consultancy support to in house legal departments in the following areas:
- Strategy and the positioning of the legal department
- Designing and structuring the legal function
- Determining the appropriate mix between internal resource and external help
- Managing and developing your people
- Helping take your organisation through a period of change
- Influencing key people inside and outside your organisation
- Managing the relationship with external law firms and understanding the opportunities for alternative billing
- Performance management
- Knowledge management
The Sherwood in house group is also able to offer tailored programmes for in house legal departments – in the UK and overseas. We provide a range of management development programmes for leaders of in house departments, including a well-established and successful five day summer school programme in Cambridge. Our recent assignments will give you a flavour of the breadth of our work for legal departments.
The case studies will give you an idea of the range of projects we have undertaken.